Friday, August 21, 2015

Room 502

This new school year in a different room with three new preps is kicking my buns. One week in, I feel like a forgetful new teacher. So far, I have forgotten to run off papers, post bell work, and take roll in more classes than I care to share. (I'm sure the secretaries love me!)

But...my room looks good. (I'm telling myself that so that there is something positive to say about my first full week.)

This is the ramp leading into my room. You can also see the lights above the stage and the awesome wall decoration my colleague left for me.


This room seems huge to me, though it is hard to tell that from the photos. Twenty foot ceilings will do that for you. Add the small stage and it is challenging to arrange desks. Except for the top left photo above, all the photos are of my north wall. This is where all of my cabinets and my desk are located. The top left photo is the student file section that they can access as soon as they enter the room. The green tile on the floor leads to the entry/exit ramp.
The top left photo is the bookshelf of my teacher books and resources. The next three photos are of my east wall. The bottom two are of my south wall. The double doors in the last picture lead into a big prop and costume closet.  You can also see the exit ramp.

Essentially, I have tried to divide the room in half.  One half is devoted to English with my little class library, book border, and English calendar on the board.  The other half is devoted to Speech, Drama, and Forensics with movie posters, NYC, and their class schedule for the week.

The pictures don't do the room justice. In fact, I'm not sure I do the room justice, but I'm working on it!

This is a fun room for a drama teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment