Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Well, July 4th is Over

Every year I get a shock on the day or two after July 4th when all the back to school lists and supplies are displayed in the stores. What???!!!! You'd think I would be used to it by now. Nope.

Don't get me wrong. I love new school supplies. And I mean LOVE. I search out pencil erasers, cool storage containers, my favorite pens and markers, colorful paper clips, and composition notebooks. (Ah...the smell of brand new notebooks and newly sharpened pencils!) After almost 55 years of buying back-to-school supplies, it never gets old.

That being said, I hate thinking that my summer is almost over every July 4th. It has come to signal the end of summer fun, when it is actually just a halfway point. Summer fun does continue, but it seems the 2nd half of summer goes too fast. I blame the darn school supplies already being in the stores. They distract my attention from fun to planning for the coming year. (Or at least they are responsible for the panic that I'm not planning. Panic really detracts from my fun.)

Does that mean I'll ignore those aisles for awhile? Heck no! I want to shop before all the good stuff is gone.

And this is the split personality that I deal with daily!

No comments:

Post a Comment