Sunday, February 8, 2015

Standards Based Grading Information Sheet For Parents

Parent/Teacher conferences are coming up.  They will be my first since switching to Standards Based Grading.  In my mind, I see myself repeating the same information over and over in an attempt to explain Standards Based Grading. My hope is that they will hit the math department first. I would be happy to let our math teachers explain it.

In case that doesn't happen, I decided to put together an information sheet for parents.

I spent the weekend trying to condense the information to the essentials.  Here is what I came up with:

I will run it by my colleagues, and then I think I will copy it for my students and see what they think.

Thank you, piktochart.com.

Oh, and there is a good chance that our HS Graphics Design department will get the job of making this look much more professional. (This will give them an idea of what I would like it to look like.)  I will have them make the copies, too.  My colleagues will probably appreciate me not using all of the color toner in the copier.

No comments:

Post a Comment